HomeTechnical0X800CCC0F error while dowloading emails in outlook express


0X800CCC0F error while dowloading emails in outlook express — 4 Comments

  1. Hello my friend. I have a 0X800ccc0f problem too. Clients who uses Outlook Express/Outlook(who use POP3 account) have this problem but Mapi clients don’t have. I thought it is related with mail because when I delete the mail from the OWA, I can successfully Send/Receive but when I put it Inbox again, it is giving this error. Also when I forward the mail to another account, it can successfully do Send/Receive. I guess when I forward the mail, its content is changing. But when you look at the mail(which is givin the error), nothing’s wrong. Also we are using the Nod32 Antivirus/Antispam but we tried to uninstall it and do Send/Receive but nothing’s changed. I hope you can help me, thank you…

  2. Hi Melih,

    I don’t know what OWA is.

    If you uninstalled NOD32, then check what other security programs you have running (you might need to reset the windows firewall (turning it off might not help… you need to reset it back to factory defaults).

    Also try a different mail client like foxmail or thunderbird.

    0x800ccc0f seems to be some sort of timeout error, so its possible that the mail transfer is somehow slowed/blocked (either from the sender side, or the receiver side).

    Make sure nothing is pre-checking the emails (eg spam filter… which is often started from the control panel services).

  3. This error message has happened to me several times since mid October 2010. I fix it by disabling the CA anti virus and firewall for a couple of minutes and the Windows mail on Vista downloads the emails. When complete I enable both protections and it runs smoothly until next time.

    Last time I called Telstra and spoke to a lovely lady in The Philippines. She took 10 minutes to tell me they had no answer or solution to the problem and I had to wait for at least 24 hours before somebody who could understand me and me them would be able to call back.
    I then fiddled with the firewall and virus protection and fixed it.
    The issue seems to be the CA product and it occurs spasmodically. .