This computer is running windows 7 64-bit on an i5 CPU, and had been running well for about 9 months.
At some stage, the owner got the usual prompt to upgrade adobe flash player.
She does what she always does, and upgrades.
The upgrade to 10.2 seems to complete normally
But now ie8 will not run flash files (and prompts the owner to install flash, because its not installed).
I spend a few hours trying various tricks like:
- disable the acrobat add-on
- install ie9
- reset IE9 to default settings
- remove and re-install flash
- download the install file and install “manually”
- download and install 2 earlier versions of flash
- check for infections
But I do notice that flash actually works well with firefox & chrome…
So: the problem seems to be centered around Internet Explorer.
I eventually have to conceed defeat, but at least the customer is content to use firefox for now.