I did a Vista recovery for a customer, and after the usual batch of updates, I was finally asked to install SP1.
OK, I knew SP1 can take a while, so I decided to start it, then come back a few hours later, and see what happened.
Well, it looks like it generated an error code 80200010
So I figure: Oh well, I’ll try it again.
This time it seems to “resume” the SP1 download from 47%
Hmmm, looks like either the download got interrupted, or the wireless network connection dropped out, or the PC went to sleep / standby during the download.
So this time I regularly check the progress of the download, and I have no more issues, and SP1 installs without any more hiccups.