For a while now, I’ve noticed that if I type a serch term into the firefox address bar, I get search results via something called freecause.
Since I prefer Google, I decided to find out how to change the default address bar search.
It turned out to be quite simple:
in the Firefox address bar, type:
- click the button that says: I’ll be careful, I promise
- in the filter box, type: keyword.URL
- double-click on keyword.URL (unter the Preference title)
- In the box that pops up, erase the existing text and then enter: http://www.google.com/search?q=
- click OK
- optional: close the about:config tab and restart firefox