This is just a simple little tip which shows you how to add the Disk Cleanup application to the context menu, so that you may right-click on a drive and click “Disk Cleanup”.
1. Click Start, type ‘regedit’ in the search box and press Enter.
2. Expand the following key:
3. Right click ‘shell’ and select ‘New – Key’ from the drop down list.
4. Name the new key ‘Diskcleanup’.
5. Create another new key called ‘Command’ in the right hand pane of ‘diskcleanup’.
6. Double click on the (default) value in the right hand pane and enter in the following:
cleanmgr.exe /d %1
7. All done! Disk cleanup should now appear in the context menu of any of your drives.
If you are in need of IT support in Sydney, please get in touch with me.