Tips For Resolving PC Issues When Using Mobile Devices
Do you receive frequent errors, such as .3gp file type error when you try to connect a mobile device to your computer?
Mobile devices provide great utility; we can connect them to our computer to transfer data, such as music, audio, photo files. Although, connecting a mobile device to a computer is mostly a seamless process, at times you may receive an irritiating file type error when you attempt to transfer data between your mobile device and Windows computer.
The question we take up in this article is – how to resolve file extension errors pertaining to the files associated with popular mobile devices?
Before we dig deeper into the solution, first let us be clear that different mobile devices use different file extensions. For instance, .ipd file type is associated with BlackBerry phone devices. Similarly, the .m4v file type is used exclusively by the mobile devices developed by Apple, such as iPod.
Shared below are the steps you can perform to resolve file extension errors that may erupt when using mobile devices:
- Use a file extension repair tool – A large number of file extension errors occur due to damaged file or file openers on the Windows system. You can fix this issue by using a reliable and easy-to-use file extension repair tool. A file extension repair tool will diagnose and fix any problem with the file or file openers and provide you quick access to the file type that you are trying to view.
- Run a malware scan – File extension errors may also occur if your computer or mobile device is infected. That is why it is necessary that you ensure that both your mobile device and computer stay malware-free. You can deploy the same protective software on your computer as well as the mobile device, if possible, otherwise use a separate protective tool for each entity.
Perform a thorough malware scan on both your mobile device and computer to ensure that no malware programs has stealthily entered and infected your files. Before you conduct a malware scan on your Windows computer, complete the following tasks:
- Update your security tool with the latest malware definitions and security updates.
- Disconnect your PC from the Internet.
- Disconnect your PC from any network share that it is attached.
After you have completed the above steps, restart your computer in the Safe Mode and perform a malware scan. To restart Windows in the Safe Mode, follow the steps illustrated below:
- Close any open applications, click the Start menu and click Restart.
- Press and hold the F8 key as Window reboots.
- In the Windows Advanced Boot Options Menu, select Safe Mode using arrow keys and press Enter.
- Clean your registry – One essential PC maintenance activity that very few Window users perform regularly is cleaning the registry. As registry grows old, it gets filled with all kind of junk information, become cluttered and fragmented. Deteriorating registry’s health may, in turn, slow down your PC and cause various errors, including file type errors.
If the file type error still persists, the culprit might be your registry’s poor health. Use a reliable registry cleaning tool to clean your registry and fix various errors that are being caused due to issues in registry.